Board Members (volunteer position)
Our organizations mission is to engage students through real world learning to promote lifelong financial capabilities. We provide high quality, reality-based educational experiences that prepare young people to understand and apply basic marketplace concepts and skills and expose them to business-related careers.
We are seeking board members that are ready to bring their depth of experience, passion for building youth financial capabilities and willingness to roll up their sleeves to ensure we make a profound impact in the greater KC area! Email email@example.com for more information.
Part-time Instructional Assistant
Part-time Instructional Assistant wanted for the School of Economics at UMB in Kansas City, MO. The School of Economics is a non-profit organization, focusing on elementary aged students. The mission is to provide high quality, reality-based educational experiences that prepare children to understand and apply basic marketplace concepts and skills and expose them to business-related careers.
The Instructional Assistant will be expected to work up to 3-4 days a week, with the possibility of working more hours with varied days. The Instructional Assistant will report to the Executive Director of School of Economics (SOE) and is responsible for supporting staff and students in the preparation and implementation of our field trip experience.
- Ability to recognize and respond to student needs.
- Ability to train and support adult volunteers.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner with attendees and SOE staff.
- Ability to continuously look for ways to improve our program and share ideas with Leadership.
- Ability to maintain regular, timely and excellent work attendance.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
Ability to go up and down multiple flights of stairs, stand/walk up to four hours a day and the ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Perform all preparation and implementation duties for a successful fieldtrip.
- Proactively communicate program and staff needs to Leadership.
- Participate and contribute to staff trainings and meetings.
- Actively contribute to a culture of respect and rapport.
- Contribute to a culture for learning.
- Implement and maintain safe classroom procedures.
- Organize space for learning.
- Communicate clearly and accurately to attendees and staff.
- Actively engage students in learning.
- Provide timely feedback to students, teachers, volunteers, and staff.
Associates Degree or equivalent work experience with children.
School of Economics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, School of Economics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Send cover letter and resume to School of Economics Executive Director, Jamie Batschke at firstname.lastname@example.org.